X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • avrtRick
    • Oct 2007

Six legged bug in tv

Hi to all,

I used to have an LG DLP tv and one day did notice there was a fly(thats right a fly)inside.
    Sometimes it looked like there was two and sometimes three and at other times the fly looked like it was huge and coming out of the screen(oh,the illusions that mirrors create,great 3D effect though :T !!)
    Now I own a Sony SXRD and now I have another six legged bug inside this TV
    (this time its not a fly)
    Hell this is so bloody annoying. :M
    Would it matter if I put screen(fly screen)over the places where they can get in?
    I do alot of late night viewing,(and so it seems,the bugs do too)and that being the reason for this( the bugs go to towards the lamp light)
    One would think that this would be anticipated,and therefore resolved with mesh to cover these "bug ports" internally,although I do realise that this would be a rare occasion that this would happen(twice in two years)

So is the screen a good idea?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

A screen can help, just make sure not to block any ventilation holes. There could be other cracks in the cabinet that could let bugs in too.

A better solution is to keep the bugs out of your house to begin with.

Comment

• avrtRick
      • Oct 2007

Here, in this part of Australia that is a hard task,but your statement is the best solution,but a hard one,

Off to see what I can get to address this issue.

Thanks Kevin

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"