X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSPC271
    • Aug 2007

Samsung DLP TV Problem, Help Needed

Hello All,

Im hoping someone can help me with a problem that I am having with my TV. I have the Samsung HLN5065W 50' DLP TV. Recently I have started having problems with it where it will come on like normal for a while but then the picture will go out. If you turn it off for a little while then turn it back on the picture will come back on for a little bit but will go out again. It actually did this for the first time about two months ago acting up for about a week. After that first week it worked fine until this week. When the picture goes out the TV makes a sound kind of like it is trying to reset itself, the same sound it makes when you first turn it out without the digital chime. The TV is about 4 1/2 years old and has never been serviced. Any ideas would be great!

Thanks
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Start saving your sheckels for a new lamp....
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Could be the bulb...but then again the fact that it comes on for a while makes me think its something else related to overheating maybe? But not sure what?

Comment

• LuBi
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by DrJRapp
        Start saving your sheckels for a new lamp....
        It's most likely your bulb.. Find out how to access your sets bulb timer. You'll need to reset the timer anyhow if you replace the bul yourself. I don't know the specific hours for the bulb in your set but that info is out there. Good luck :T
        Samsung HL-S5087W 50" DLP Display
        Yamaha RX-V2700 AV Receiver
        Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium
        Sony Playstation 3 @ 1080p

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Samsung HLN5065W lamp life=8000 hrs or ~ 4 years. Lamp price approximately $200.00. You will need to check you menu settings to verify lamp life, as previously stated. Good luck and keep us posted.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

My friend had this same issue with his 50" DLP (720p version).

What we did was remove the bulb and reseated it in the TV (very simple to do). We also removed the DLP Chip (It's the mirrors! lol) and reseated it. After that, he's not had the problem (like yours) since. Maybe it was something with the connection of the bulb or the chip...but we did both at the same time and it fixed his TV. He's going on another year so far and hasn't had to replace the bulb or anything.

Might want to try that.

I know once now (maybe twice) my 56" 1080p DLP Sammy has turned on, but not lit the bulb and it (on it's own) turned itself off, waited 2 seconds and turned back on. This time the lamp lit up. Sort of weird, but I'm guessing the lamp just didn't start or something.

-Dan
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• DrJRapp
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Azeke
              Samsung HLN5065W lamp life=8000 hrs or ~ 4 years. Lamp price approximately $200.00. You will need to check you menu settings to verify lamp life, as previously stated. Good luck and keep us posted.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
              You may achieve 8000 hrs under ideal conditions (steady power line voltage, cooling air at 70 deg F, continuous operation, etc) but vary any of these and lamp life is greatly reduced. The big killer is turning the set on and off more than once a day.
              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"