X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rattmann316
    • Aug 2005

samsung dlp onwers

i recently purchased a samsung hls5088w dlp tv. originally, i wanted the 56inch LED dlp but my wallet wouldnt really allow it. personally, i am very happy with the set but i am interested in hearing others experiences with samsung dlp's in general. anything besides a calibration that i need to worry about? also, are there any recommended video calibration discs that i should pick up? i have searched the site and came up with nothing so any information would be helpful.
    RB-1070
    RC-1070
    RCD-1072
    B&W-DM602 s3
  • Tha Freak
    • Jul 2003

I just purchased a Samsung LED-DLP, the HLT-5689S...but I don't have it yet!!

can't wait to receive it!!
    - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by rattmann316
      also, are there any recommended video calibration discs that i should pick up? i have searched the site and came up with nothing so any information would be helpful.
      I prefer Digital Video Essentials myself but Avia makes fine disc as well :T
      Jason

Comment

• rattmann316
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by aud19
        I prefer Digital Video Essentials myself but Avia makes fine disc as well :T
        i have a digital video essentials disc but dont like it because the screen images for calibration dont pause and the dialog to explain the tests doesnt stop either. with this problem i am forced to listen to the commentator, then go back to the test screen but by that time ive forgotten what the commentator was saying in regards to the test. makes it very "clunky" and not very fun to calibrate.
        RB-1070
        RC-1070
        RCD-1072
        B&W-DM602 s3

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

They have the test patterns as stationary later on the disc
          Jason

Comment

• moe32274
            • Nov 2005

calibration disk

Yeah, I know this makes me sound cheap, but . . .

isn't there a way to rent a calibration disk, or better yet, to buy one used? I have had no luck finding a used disk to rent / buy. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Moe.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Moe, I wouldn't have an idea other than Ebay. Me, I'm a sucker for demo discs. I just soak those things up. It's a bunch of fun to bring over friends and just go through theater demos, playing THX trailers, DTS intros, etc.

Plus, for the setup, the 1st time's the most critical, obviously. But you need to re-calibrate your system periodically as your display dims, get new equipment, etc.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Moe, I wouldn't have an idea other than Ebay. Me, I'm a sucker for demo discs. I just soak those things up. It's a bunch of fun to bring over friends and just go through theater demos, playing THX trailers, DTS intros, etc.

Plus, for the setup, the 1st time's the most critical, obviously. But you need to re-calibrate your system periodically as your display dims, get new equipment, etc.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• rattmann316
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by aud19
                  They have the test patterns as stationary later on the disc
                  *bows head in infinite sadness*

wow...maybe i should learn a little bit of patience in my young age
                  RB-1070
                  RC-1070
                  RCD-1072
                  B&W-DM602 s3

Comment

• Blindamood
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Tha Freak
                    I just purchased a Samsung LED-DLP, the HLT-5689S...but I don't have it yet!!
                    Is this one of the new 'slim' DLPs? I was looking at one yesterday, and it was very impressive. Only about 10-11" deep, and weighs only 50 or so lbs. The one I saw was not the LED variety, but those look promising. Wonder if they're worth the $400-500 price difference (over the standard DLP with color wheel)?
                    Brad

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"