Do non-shielded speakers affect LCD TV's?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M.Roberts8
    • Jan 2006

Do non-shielded speakers affect LCD TV's?

Title says it all. I tried google but came up with mixed results one FAQ said no but a response to a woman having trouble with her lcd monitor was told to make sure there wasn't any strong magnetic fields around the monitor.

The reason for the question is I have a buddy who has a lcd tv is considering some DIY speakers they happen to not be shielded. I'm not really worried about the L/R speakers as much as the Center Channel one.
    I also tried to search and came up with nothing.....
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Unfortunately I'm not positive so I have no definitive answer for you but my guess would be it shouldn't be a problem..? Try emailing the manufacturer of the display and see what they say

Don't forget to let us know what they tell you too!!
    Jason

Comment

• PoorboyMike
      • Oct 2005

I have a 6.5" TB sub within 6" of my LCD monitor at work, and it doesn't have any affect on it.

That said, the TB driver does have a neo magnet, which can be placed closer to CRT monitors. So this post is pretty much useless. :B

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

LCD's are not affected by magnets. I'm pretty sure that problem is only linked to CRT's.

Comment

• M.Roberts8
          • Jan 2006

Thanks for the replies! I am in the process of contacting the manufacturer hopefully I get a definitive answer.

Comment

• M.Roberts8
            • Jan 2006

LCD's are definitely not affected by magnets. I never got a response from the manufacturer I got tired of waiting. So I just held my Dayton 12" DVC and a 10" AA Assassin subs in front/under and behind my Samsung LCD pc monitor and nothing happened.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"