720 vs 1080 Displays

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003
    • 16706

    #1

    720 vs 1080 Displays



    Summary:

    Just because your eye can't resolve the additional resolution doesn't mean that you shouldn't get a higher-resolution set; it just means that you don't necessarily have to. From where most people sit, you don't need 1080p in a 37-42 inch TV. It's arguable that you do in a 50-inch set. The key, then, is moving your seating. If you're sitting more than 5x the picture height away from your TV, then you probably don't need 1080p. If you can move closer, you should get the highest resolution display you can, sit close enough that you can't see the pixels, and enjoy your huge screen.
    Jason
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003
    • 2123

    #2
    Hmmm, interesting.

    Peace and blessings,

    Azeke

    Comment

    • bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005
      • 2649

      #3
      Yup, that's interesting. You can't beat sound maths.

      Nigel.

      Comment

      • aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003
        • 16706

        #4
        Yeah it's good to know you don't HAVE to spend money on 1080p in a lot of cases unless you want to :T
        Jason

        Comment

        • comeup
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2005
          • 356

          #5
          Good and helpful info Jason, I believe this and seen it with my own two eyes.

          Most stores show the blue-ray players played on 1080P displays almost never on a 720P

          wanting to sell the 1080P displays that of course cost more. Well I had one of the

          stores hookup one to a 720P display and what a picture it was I could not tell a

          difference between the two displays at thirteen feet away. Both were 50 inch plasmas
          Blake

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          • Clive
            Home Theater Glossary
            by Clive
            G'day Members. As part of our efforts to assist new and seasoned members I am starting this thread, to be used as a quick reference guide.

            I am sure that there will be some missing from this original list so in that case I will ask that members can post the words and there meaning/explanations...
            11 July 2005, 22:38 Monday
          • Brandon B
            The year of 1080 for digitals
            by Brandon B
            Well with the announcements from this year's CEDIA, it seems like buyers at quite nearly EVERY price point have a very nice option for a decent 1080p projector.

            Panasonic is releasing two succesors to the AE900, a far brighter 720 machine, and a 1080 machine with about the same brightness....
            16 September 2006, 20:17 Saturday
          • bimmer528
            Rdv 1080 and 1066-Anyone have similar prob?
            by bimmer528
            Hey all, has anyone had a problem with the 1066 actually knowing a hdcd disk is playing in the 1080? I have another cd player hooked up to the 1066 via digital and any hdcd disk i use.. the 1066 displays hdcd. Using the 1080 with the same disk.. no dice.


            Using the 1080 bitstream/pcm...
            19 December 2004, 12:41 Sunday
          • Parsonsk
            Harmony 720 or the 880 - SAME PRICE
            by Parsonsk
            I see that i can buy the 720 from Costco at $200 or the 880 for $220 from Future shop.......basically the same price

            all things considered which would you buy?



            are the differences that big or are they basically the same units????
            ...
            11 February 2007, 23:35 Sunday
          • timetohunt
            Help with Video to multiple TVs/Displays
            by timetohunt
            Hey there. I have been a music addict most of my like, and over the past few years I have discovered the awsome enjoyment that I get out of concert DVDs. I have hooked up my DVD player to 2 TVs and one Monitor for a total of 3 displays because I rarely ever just sit and watch, I'm moving all around...
            12 February 2007, 22:46 Monday
          • Loading...
          • No more items.
          Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"