• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

720 vs 1080 Displays

Summary:

Just because your eye can't resolve the additional resolution doesn't mean that you shouldn't get a higher-resolution set; it just means that you don't necessarily have to. From where most people sit, you don't need 1080p in a 37-42 inch TV. It's arguable that you do in a 50-inch set. The key, then, is moving your seating. If you're sitting more than 5x the picture height away from your TV, then you probably don't need 1080p. If you can move closer, you should get the highest resolution display you can, sit close enough that you can't see the pixels, and enjoy your huge screen.
    Jason
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Hmmm, interesting.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Yup, that's interesting. You can't beat sound maths.

Nigel.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Yeah it's good to know you don't HAVE to spend money on 1080p in a lot of cases unless you want to :T
        Jason

Comment

• comeup
          • Jul 2005

Good and helpful info Jason, I believe this and seen it with my own two eyes.

Most stores show the blue-ray players played on 1080P displays almost never on a 720P

wanting to sell the 1080P displays that of course cost more. Well I had one of the

stores hookup one to a 720P display and what a picture it was I could not tell a

difference between the two displays at thirteen feet away. Both were 50 inch plasmas
          Blake

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"