PLV-Z2 hooked up to computer, no video signal ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyvang
    • Feb 2007

PLV-Z2 hooked up to computer, no video signal ??

I bought a plv-z2 a couple years ago and was planning on hooking up my computer to the projector through a dual output video card, unfortunately.. i didn't have one until now.. I have my computer hooked up DVI-DVI Digital to the projector and in my display configuration on windows iat has detected my Sanyo PLV-Z2 as a second display device. I put my projector into input 2.. PC Digital and didn't receive any video signal to my projector, I then proceeded to test out every input and still did not receive a signal.. I dont know if its either my projector or computer giving me problems.. but would appreciate if anybody could help me solve the issue.. thanks
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

If you don't get any replies on this subject here, try reposting in Tower Of Power where a lot of computer related subjects are discussed.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Just some quick thoughts. I would first update the video drivers on the PC card (go to the vendors website), then reboot the computer. Secondly, if that doesn't work I would call tech support for the vendor of the video card. Also, go to the Hardware section of the computer and ensure the card is enabled w/o any issues.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Dean McManis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • May 2003

Most likely the Z2 cannot sync to the frequency that the video card is putting out.
        It's likely the refresh rate that's too high, or simply doesn't match the Z2's capabilities.
        This is especially a possibility if your computer monitor is a CRT display.

Go to Start>Control Panel>Display and click on the settings tab.

Then set your computer monitor to a lower resolution like 640 X 480, or 800 X 600.

Click on the Advanced button in that window, select the Monitors tab, and set the refresh rate to 60Hz, then click OK.

The PLV-Z2 has a native resolution of 1280 X 720 @60Hz and it can take in a maximum display resolution of 1280 X 1024, but the likely culprit is the refresh rate. Most people with CRTs often set the refresh rate around 75Hz-85Hz to eliminate flicker.
        The Z2 has a conversion chipset that trys to convert the input resolution to match the LCD panel's native 1280 X 720p@60Hz resolution.

If you monitor is set to mirror both displays at a resolution or refresh rate that outside of the Z2's scaler chip's conversion range, you will just get a blue screen on your projector.

Also I'd try to setup your monitor on the second video output to confirm that there is a signal there.

Plus once you set the card to a lower resolution try to connect to the Z2 using a regular VGA cable (from both VGA outputs of the card) to confirm that it's not a DVI issue. Keep in mind that DVI on computers is a connection protocol like digital version of VGA/RGB, but for newer displays DVI has been altered to augment copy protection hardware, and they might not be compatible.

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Refresh rate, good call Dean.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Kyvang
            • Feb 2007

I am not using a CRT monitor.. im using an LCD monitor and I am unable to connect my computer to the projector in any way other than using the DVI cable that is wired to it. I have it mounted on my ceiling... Could refresh rate still be the issue to my problem??

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Yeah it could be... I would give it a try at least :B

Comment

• Dean McManis
                Moderator Emeritus
                • May 2003

And I'd also try setting the projector to a lower resolution as well.
                Set up both of them to 1024 X 768, and 60Hz refresh, and the Z2 should have no problem with that.

Does the LCD monitor have a DVI input? If so then you should try to run it off of the cable that you are using for the projector.

With those two steps you will rule out the most likely software/hardware issues that could be causing this problem.

Comment

• Kyvang
                  • Feb 2007

The DVI cable I am using on my projector is wired through the wall and into the ceiling, so im not able to test it on my LCD screen, ive tried changing the resolution and refresh rate but still not having any luck.

Comment

• Dean McManis
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • May 2003

Did you try the "Dual-View" mode of the video card?
                    From your screen grab it looks like the PC recognizes the Z2, so it should be outputting only frequencies and resolutions that are compatible with the Z2.
                    But it's worth separating the two display modes from being mirrored to check for sure.

Also I'd try and borrow either a long VGA cable to plug into your projector, or a short DVI cable to plug into your monitor. Or both, just to check the video inputs/outputs.
                    But first double-check that the connections are tight on the cables, and double-check that the input connections chosen on the projector are the exact same ones that you have plugged in.
                    Does the Z2 have an auto-search mode for the video input? If so, try that.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"