X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M.Roberts8
    • Jan 2006

Sanyo Z5 showed up today!

My Z5 showed up a day early! I got my cheap 100" manual pull down fri. so I had that already to go. I just hooked it up quick to check it out and so far I am impressed. Had to use some keystone since it is sitting quite low compared to the screen. So far I have only fed it 480i from my old Sony 7700.
    Have watched Cars and Monsters Inc. since I promised my 5 y.o. we would watch them first.
    Hopefully my Oppo dvd player will be here tomorrow and I can calibrate it with DVE and check it out with a 720p feed. Also waiting on my ceiling mount so I can set it up and get rid of the keystone adj.
    Since this is my first FP I have no basis for comparison but I think I made a good choice.
    Please ignore the mess and make shift light. Not quite done with the room still need to do a little trim work. The light is temp. until I get the projector all mounted and I see how big of a light I can put there without interfering with the picture.
    Attached Files
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Woo hoo! Awesome! I bet "Cars' is just incredible on that.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I too own a 7700 and send 480i signals to my two projectors, but I use the internal deinterlacers in my PJs to convert to 480p. Make sure your Sanyo is set to do the deinterlacing to ensure you are getting a progressive scan picture which is miles ahead of 480i.

BTW, the color of your walls look to be a neutral gray. If so you should get excellent contrast from your projected image. :T

Enjoy your PJ.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• M.Roberts8
        • Jan 2006

Yeah, Cars looked great.

I too own a 7700 and send 480i signals to my two projectors, but I use the internal deinterlacers in my PJs to convert to 480p. Make sure your Sanyo is set to do the deinterlacing to ensure you are getting a progressive scan picture which is miles ahead of 480i.
        I do have the projetor setup for that :T I really like the ol' 7700 but shes getting a little flakey lately, real picky about what it plays. Probably need to send it in for service. I've had it for around 7 years though so can't complain. Still built like a tank compared to the dvd players now.

I am totally excited about my Z5 I haven't been this excited to watch movies at home in a long time.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Yeah, I've had my 7700 for about the same time as you but no problems to date. With the hi-def dvd wars going like they are, looks I'll still have the 7700 for another year or two.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• M.Roberts8
            • Jan 2006

George,
            I hear ya,format wars everyone loses to some extent IMHO. Though I will be picking up a PS3 as soon as I can but I am in no rush. Just whenever I happen into a store that has them on hand. So I guess that puts me in the blu-ray camp.
            Got my PJ mount and HDMI cable and should have the Oppo soon. I guess I have to turn off the Z5 for awhile and get it mounted properly.
            Last edited by M.Roberts8; 22 December 2006, 14:15 Friday.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"