X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • draganm
    • Jul 2005

careful what you wish for

In another thread I was "specualting" that the only truly immersive picture technology in the future would be a home theatre Imax type set-up using mulitiple display devices to fill a curved screen. All delivering a 120 degree field of view that would literally put you IN the picture.
    Well I thought I was being clever, but it's already been done. check this out and tell me you have seen a HT to rival it.

• Dean McManis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • May 2003

Looks like fun for gaming and simulations.

But for me, I'm looking forward to 3-D, 16:9 HD digital movies more than wrap-around widescreen virtual worlds.

And of course I want the 3-D media playing in my home theater, with the technology and content relatively affordable.

Comment

• draganm
      • Jul 2005

what difference does it make what you project on a curved screen? IT doesn't have to be a VR presentaton, A good movie would be just as impressive. A lot of people have done this albeit on a much smaller scale using a Torus screen. My dream is to do this on a screen 12 or 14 feet wide. It would have to be a 2.35:1 Constant height set-up though, and AFAIK there is no bulb machine that will do that.You could have 3 wide seating and everyone would be within the "zone" for a completely immersive pic.

Comment

• Adolf Holz
        • Jun 2006

I want them to implant chips in our brains. Then we won't need buy any more machines. We can watch reruns in our heads.

Comment

• Adolf Holz
          • Jun 2006

Profanity removed by moderator
          Last edited by ThomasW; 23 June 2006, 23:50 Friday.

Comment

• draganm
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Adolf Holz
            I want them to implant chips in our brains. Then we won't need buy any more machines. We can watch reruns in our heads.
            implant chips in our brains? Adolf you must have your Liderhosen on too tight to even consider such a horrible thing.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"