X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beatlefan
    • Nov 2005

Pulldown screens

Thinking of buying an 84" diag. pull down screen from Elite. My ceiling ht is about 7'. My question is how far down should I hang my screen? Is there a formula for this? down to the Panny 900, Z4 and Optima HD72 for projectors.. thanks.. a very new newbie..
  • twitch54
    • Apr 2006

I do believe generally speaking, the more perpindicular you keep the projector to the screen the better. Therefore it depends on your projector position.
    Dave

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Twitch is correct so it will depend on which PJ you get and where it will be positioned ( floor/ceiling ? ) and distance from screen due to size. The Panny and the Sanyo have lens shift so you have a little room to play with there. Ideally you should use a little shift as possible as some PJs give a little aberration from the lens if shift is too great.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Audiophiliac
        • Apr 2006

To clear up a thing.....lens shift is different from keystone adjustments....

Lens shift lets you move the image vertically or horizontally WITHOUT distorting the picture.

Keystone adjustments allow you to "tilt" the projector down towards the screen....this DOES distort your image and is NOT recommended to use any keystone adjustment at all.

Most often, you want to line the center of the lens between the center and the top edge of your screen (for ceiling mount). With some lens shift capability you can safely be above the top of the screen by a margin determined by the amount of lens shift you have.

This is also all related to throw distance. So make sure you calculate 4 times before mounting anything or cutting things up.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"