X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willng24
    • Aug 2005

Ambient/backlight

Hi All,

With all the help from those one this site, my home setup is really starting to take shape. I was doing some surfing on the CNET website and came across information regarding backlights. They mentioned a CRI rating of 98/ 6,500K. I guess these are just basic lights that you can probably find at a home depot. These will probably be one of the finishing touches to my setup.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Will
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I use a 2' flourescent fixture plugged in to my STB's switched outlet so that when the cable box and TV are turned on, the light automatical turns on :T IMO it works great, reduces eye strain, is great for ambient light with no screen reflections etc.

For a basic setup all you need is a fixture and a Philips 6500K flourescent tube easily fount at Home Depot. However there are more accurate "pro" versions avaialable from here for example:

Providing Ideal-Lume bias lighting, custome home theater, and imaging science foundation trained dealers and services.
    Jason

Comment

• willng24
      • Aug 2005

Thanks Jason

Comment

• drsiebling
        • Jan 2006

Jason... thanks for the link. As soon as I saw your post, I went straight over to the CinemaQuest website and ordered an Ideal-Lume kit for my new Plasma. Their prices are VERY good.

Thanks!

-Ben

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

No problem guys :T
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"