X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

Plasma Burn In?

Do Plasmas still suffer from burn-in from lets say execessive video gameplay? Fujitsu 42" is the subject.
    Adz
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Adam, I believe they still do. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone advertising their "burn-in proof" plasma TV.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• locomk
      • Dec 2005

any plasma can still get burn in, most these days have pixel shifting software , so static images wont burn in. but static images left from a game for a long period of time ( 30 minutes or more will slowly start to burn in, higher contrast and brightness settings will decrease the amount of time it takes for burn in to occur. your pretty much safe from burn in as long as you dont pause the game for long periods of time and avoide images that stay on the screen just as a character icon in the game that doesn't dissapeer.

if you dont have the fujitsu 42" yet, than you should consider a Large size Lcd tv.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

That's why DLP is Gamer Friendly, no burn in. If you play a lot of either FPS or Racing games, where the HUDs are often on screen for long periods of time during game play, you are best to go with a DLP TV.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

Not necessarily so. I play games on my CRT which is more burn in prone than plasmas and never see any.

Plasmas are not burn in proof but it's very difficult to burn one in. Just be cautious the first 100 hours.

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

I've heard it both ways: plasmas are easier to burn than CRT, plasmas are harder to burn than CRT. Of course, it depends on what type of CRT you're talking about: direct view, or projection.

I would guess that newer plasmas and direct view CRTs are more or less equal in terms of burn-in risk, while projection CRTs are more at risk. But I could be wrong.

On the other hand, I would rather risk a cheap direct view TV for video games than a plasma, if for no other reason that the direct view is cheaper to fix/replace if something does happen.

Comment

• Adz
              • Jan 2004

Thanks guys!
              Adz

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Yup any poshor based display can burn in. However if properly setup/calibrated and not in "torch" mode and used without leaving static images on for prolonged periods, there should be little to no risk. As Kevin mentioned, CRT's are a more affordable risk.
                Jason

Comment

• David G
                  • Jan 2005

The latest plasmas are supposed to be less susceptible to burn-in than a regular CRT.

Comment

• derekbannatyne
                    • Jan 2006

I've fallen asleep while playing a videogame on my 65" rpcrt with no problems.

Comment

• peterS
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Dec 2005

you would have to pause a game for months to achieve burn in
                      especialy considering that 360 dims when paused as i assume ps3 will. it is a non issue

as easy (read hard) to burn in as an lcd

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"