X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHT-2
    • Oct 2005

In-Focus X1...Can't see in color!

my pj only has 50 hrs of use so far... about a year old... i use it as a HT hooked to my Panasonic DVD Player via S-Video cable...

Today, i rented 2 movies, and when i started the second movie, the image is only in B&W.. even though the movie is in color. i tested the dvd on my regular tv, and it did play in color using the same DVD player! What happened??? Can't get color. Any help appreciated.

Dick
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Your S-video cable is loose or broken. Try reseating it or try another one.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yeah that happened to me one time when I broke one of the S-Video pins off. They're touchy little buggers.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• DHT-2
        • Oct 2005

You guys are amazing...thanks for the quick replies. A pin was indeed bent...now just broke off.

Here's another Q:

A month ago, I lost my remote... it was the only way to put the X1 on standby so the fan cooled off the lamp before shut off. I've been skipping this step lately... Is this really BAD? And do you have a solution without having to purchase a new remote?

Dick

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Hi, Dick. I see this last question about the remote has been answered for you in another thread you started. Allowing a dlp projector to cool down naturally seems to be okay, but I wouldn't try it with an lcd projector for fear of lcd panel damage or burned polarisers.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• DHT-2
            • Oct 2005

Update

I bought a new S-Video cable today and tried my X1 to see if the color came back. Unfortunately, it was still Black and White. Frustrated, I went through all the projector settings one by one and the only thing that was out of the ordinary was the video signal which was set on PAL instead of NTSC.... Once I changed this back to NTSC, I got back my color.

Q: Since I had just watched another movie right before the problem (and the color was good..) and can't remember even touching the projector since.... how did it suddenly switch to PAL? Mystery!

Comment

• Kevin P
              • Aug 2000

Maybe you played with the settings after it went B&W trying to fix it, and accidentally switched it to PAL then?

Or maybe, not seeing a NTSC color signal coming in over the broken cable, it switched to PAL automatically? I've never heard of a PJ doing this though.

Comment

• DHT-2
                • Oct 2005

Could be.... but at least it works now...

Thanks again.

Comment

• Dingaling2004
                  • Jun 2007

Hi there mate,
                  I know that this is an old post, but I also run an Infocus X1. Not a bad projector for the money, but I will be replacing it soon. Will wait for the 1080P projectors come down to a price that my wife does not find too offensive! In any case, I do not use the S-video port. Best to purchase a VGA-component lead and you will be able to enjoy the best possible picture quality. It's only an 852x480 projector but you will be surprised with the picture quality when watching HD material. I have it connected into my Toshie HD-DVD and the picture (while not 1080i) is pretty bloody good.
                  Just a thought. Have a good one,
                  Greg.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"