X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atlanta7
    • Aug 2005

Basement Theater room projector suggestion

I have a 15x23 dedicated theater room in the basement..any projector suggestion under 1,000 Also if you have a speaker surround choice..under say 1,200 with a Denon 2803 .Thanks
  • draganm
    • Jul 2005

that's almost the exact same size as my theatre, nice size room to watch movies with friends. :P I can't really recomend a PJ, especially for a grand. I'm a hard core CRT guy but even the best deals on a good 8" EM focus machines are about $2K used. I think you can build an excellent surround system for less than $1200.K and put more money in to the PJ. Audioadvisor.com has a pretty good clearance on their Athena line. These are made in Canada by the same company that makes Mirage and Energy. Check out their Audition AS-B2 Speakers - $149. Pair, plus a matching center and bi-pole surrounds for $250. more. That and a nice HSU 150 watt 10" sub for $250. is $650. Then maybe someone here can recomed a DLP or even a used LCD like the HS51. They might produe a pic you can live with if your not too picky or don't plan on sitting closer than 12 feet to the screen, although that would eliminate the front row.

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Hey Atlanta, your room size is close to my area, I just installed a Infocus SP4805 projector. ITs a "entry"level projector but a very good one. I picked it up at Costco for $999, it came with a screen but I didnt use it, I had a powered screen that I used instead. The picture is really good for the price, a couple of things that do bother me about it is the screen door effect if you get too close and sometimes white areas seem to wash out. but other than that it is a really great value. :T
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Hello Atlanta7,

Used projectors at this site might fit your budget.

Used projectors

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• PiDD
          • Aug 2003

Im a hardcore CRTer as well .. The Electrohome ECP 4100 is in that price range and give a pretty good pic.

For speakers check out www.av123.com budget wise you cant beat the speakers!

Rob

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Nice looking theater, Rob.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• PiDD
              • Aug 2003

Thanks George its *almost* done.

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                • Aug 2001

Whatever you get, remember that you'll never see what it can do in a room with light-colored walls and ceiling.

Comment

• draganm
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jack Gilvey
                  Whatever you get, remember that you'll never see what it can do in a room with light-colored walls and ceiling.
                  Absolutely, when I built my basement room it was audio only, so I painted the ceiling semi-gloss white, what a disaster. After I installed the Marquee I would get this 5 foot halo lit up on the cieling On bright scenes, the washout for ANSI contrast was terrible.
                  Nice to see another electrohome guy here, although I've never seen an ECP in action I have heard the 4000s with the 07 tubes are pretty good. A nice Marquee 8000 is also around a grand but they can have some issues with neck-cards and power supply reliability.

Comment

• depaulbdemons
                    • Jan 2005

I will be starting on the basement project in a couple of months. Glad to see I am not the only one with questions. Good luck in your search. Keep us updated with your progress.

Comment

• willng24
                      • Aug 2005

I have the Denon 2803 set with the Mirage Omnisat Micro. It sounds great and the speakers aren't overwhelming in size. However, the bug eye'd shape does take some time to get use to.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"