X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kmak
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2002

Suggestions for Armoire Display

Can anyone suggest an LCD or plasma that would fit inside a 40" (inside measurement) bedroom armoire? The crappy 20" Sanyo looks lost.
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

Hi Ken,

I'd grab a tape measure and head for the nearest store or start checking specs online. :idea:
    ......Pat

Comment

• Snap
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2005

Hi Ken,

If you had 41 inches you could go with the Panny 37 inch plasma The new model has the speakers on the bottom not the sides.

If that did not work the 32 in LCD would fit.

You can also get a 37 in LCD from Sharp that would fit as well. Check out Westinghouse. They are making some SWEET LCD's now and they are trying to drive the market price down. They are doing a good job with it. I saw one last weekend.

Does it have to be a Flat Screen? A nice Sony for the bedroom would not be bad, and it would not hurt the pocketbook as much. :T

Hope that helps some.

Snap
      The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• ekkoville
        • Aug 2004

I would also agree the LCD's in that 32 inch range are great. The Sony, Panny, and Sharp were the three I looked at a month ago. Asthetics play a part. The Sony also has speakers on the bottom, a great design when space is limited. I would not advise the Westinghouse, I had one from Christmas to mid-January until I couldn't take the warm reds any longer. So much tweaking and just not quite good enough. I had the 30 inch model and is the Sony, Panny, or Sharp over a grand better? Well......they are after spending three weeks with something you don't like. Having said all that, just trust your eyes, that is what matters.

Erik

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

How about a 40" projection screen and front projector?

I have a 32" plasma from Sony. That's a nice size unit. I'm not sure Sony makes a 32 Plasma now. Maybe...

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• ekkoville
            • Aug 2004

Lex, I thought of that for my bedroom. How close would the projector be with that size screen. It maybe overkill, but also maybe cheeper that plasma or lcd.

Comment

• kmak
              Super Senior Member
              • Dec 2002

Thanks guys,

I've seen the 37" Sharp on the web, but I think that runs around 5K (CDN). The 37" Plasma would be awesome, I'm sure I could plane off a 1/2" on either side of the screen. Speakers on the bottom are a prerequisite, I'd like to add in-ceiling speakers someday.

Ken

Comment

• ekkoville
                • Aug 2004

Good luck with your choice, post some pics when you're done.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"