do you get any warning of bulb about to go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malcky
    • Jun 2004

do you get any warning of bulb about to go?

I have had a sanyo z2 for about 9 months and tonight the pj just switched off for no reason or warning, so i dont know if the bulb blew or not.

the fan stayed on as if i had just switched it off (but i didnt) and the red standy light is on as i type (am going to wait till fully cooled b4 trying to turn back on). I thought there was a light on the pj that supposed to light up when the bulb needs to be changed but this has never come on.

the only thing i have noticed is that the picture seemed to be very dark over the last 2 weeks ever since i hooked up my htpc to pj as well (possibly just a coincidence) so have been trying to calibrate it but just cant get it right (too dark) so i have been adjusting settings alot recently. could this have affected bulb life?

if the bukb has gone is it easy to change or should i get a dealer to do it.

thanks
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

It's possible the bulb failed (usually you'll hear a pop as the bulb actually explodes) or there was an overheat condition that caused the PJ to shut off.

If it lights up after it's cooled, then it's probably overheating (did you clean the filters recently?)

The bulb indicator goes on when the bulb has reached its lifespan in hours, and is triggered by a timer in the PJ. Sometimes bulbs will fail before the timer expires though.

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

Extreme dimming is often a sign preceding lamp failure. The htpc timing was probably, as you say a coincidence, and your lamp, sheeza gone south.

BB

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"