X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

RPTV How Long Between Calibrations?

With out getting into other technologies, I was wondering how long between calibrations on a standard RPTV? People have said to set aside money to have it done, I just want to know how many times would one have this procedure done? Every year, two years? 8O
    Thanks,
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Personally I'd say intitially set it up yourself with a copy of DVE or Avia. Then 3-6 months later get it ISF'd. Then every 3-6 months after that give it a once over with DVE/Avia. If you keep it in good order it should work great for quite a few years. If you wanted to be picky you could get it ISF'd every 2-3 years but unless you notice something fairly amiss I'd say 3-5 years after that if you feel the desire. I'm sure there are hardcore folks out there who get one every 6months - 1year but most of us can't afford that sort of luxury.
    Jason

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

About the only thing that generally needs to be tweaked periodically is convergence. Once the basic calibration (Avia/DVE) and/or ISF (grayscale) is done, it is good for several years, before CRT wear may dictate a recalibration.

A more likely reason to recalibrate is if you change out gear, such as getting a new DVD player. This won't likely affect grayscale but you may want to revisit DVE/Avia if you replace a component that produces or processes video signals.

Comment

• Snap
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2005

Awesome

Thanks, and you also answered my next question with out even asking it. AVIA/DVE seems to be what most people are talking about. Both of you mentioned it.

Be Blessed,
        Snap :T
        The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"