X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gyoung
    • Dec 2004

Samsung 4663 or 4674

I am trying to decide which tv to purchase and getting overwelmed. Nobody can seem to explain the differences all that well. Has anybody seen the 4674? Are the differences very noticable? What does the contrast ratio mean? The 4663 looks really good so I am wondering if I do not know what to look for. Any input would be appreciated

Gregg
  • goldear
    • Aug 2003

Gregg,

As I was researching the Samsungs very closely, I was told that the main difference between these two models was the TI DLP chipset they use. The HLPxx63 uses the HD3 Dark Chip that supposedly produces a 1500:1 contrast ratio. The HLPxx74 series uses the HD2+ chip, that is suppose to produce a 2500:1 contrast ratio. From what I've heard from others, the HD2+ is suppose to produce a better picture...but as always, YMMV.
    Chris B

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"