X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterc4c
    • Oct 2004

night scenes a problem?

I just watched my first movie with my infocus 7205 with Masters and Commanders. somehow, the scenes in the dark enviorment or scenes shot at night are VERY hard to make out what is what. Ofcourse my projector has not been properly calibrated yet, but are'nt they supposed to be tuned fairly well out of the box? or is this a common problem with front projectors?

Peter
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hey Peter. No, no guarantees that PJ's are fairly calibrated out of the box. I've personally found that Infocuses often (but not always) don't need radical changes.

The missing key here is what your room requires for calibration, namely, ambient light. If you watch movies in pitch dark, then yes, you should be able to distinguish dark scenes. If you watch with other light in the room, then it may cloud the image.

Of course, I'd recommend you get a calibration disc like Digital Video Essentials or Avia. They're cheap and fun to have, too. Or, if you've got $$$, get it professionally calibrated.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yeah, what Chris just said.

Now Infocus is accurate out of the box as far as 6500K color temperature is concerned, but the contrast and brightness calibration at the Infocus factory is probably not going to work in your HT. Definitely get one of those calibration discs. A properly calibrated PJ will allow you to see shadow detail in night scenes.
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"