X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prozakk
    • Jul 2004

SVS induced picture distortion...

I have a Samsung 47" tabletop HD RPTV. The other day I was testing out my new SVS PB12-Ultra/2 w/some music, while watching tv & the whole left side of the picture distorted to the beat. :evil: 8O I did have the music up loud. :E :T

What should I do? Warranty repair? Put vibrapods under tv? Both?

I do plan on moving the sub to the opposite corner, which will be alot further away from the tv.
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

How close together are the TV and the sub? Is the TV a CRT unit, or LCD/DLP?

CRT sets can be affected by the magnetic fields from speakers and subs. RPTV sets can exhibit geometry distortion and convergence issues. Direct-view sets will show color distortion if the shadow mask in the CRT gets magnetized.

If it's a digital (DLP or LCD) set, perhaps the vibrations are causing the screen or internal components of the set to vibrate, distorting the image. Moving the sub away from the TV will help this as well.

Comment

• Prozakk
      • Jul 2004

It's a CRT. It's not distortion from magnetic field. The sub is on the right side of the tv, distortion on the left.

The picture ripples with the beat. Just like I see in my car when subs are bumping & it distorts smoke from my cigarette.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Leave it, or better, make it worse to show all your friends the TRUE power of your system when they come to demo!
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Jerry, what type of floor are the TV and sub resting on? Slab? Pier & Beam? Upstairs on joists? That'll have a great deal to do with the steps you can (or can't) take to cure this.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

If it's just a ripple, it's probably the screen stack vibrating. Moving the sub further away from the TV might help. Or examine the screen and see if the panels are looser on the left side than the right.

Comment

• Gordon Moore
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Feb 2002

Maybe it was just your eyeballs rattling :??
              Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Prozakk
                • Jul 2004

Slab.

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

First, I'd say quit smoking. Like Bond says, filthy habit. Today is my 6 month anniversary quiting. Best decision I ever made.

As to your sub, try a different cable first.

Lex
                  Doug
                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Prozakk
                    • Jul 2004

I'm on the second cable. No difference.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                      • May 2004

how far is the sub away from the TV? The reason I'm curious is that I'm thinking about the PB12Plus/2 to replace my PCi20-39. I didn't notice any picture distortion with the PCi and it was less than 5 ft away from the TV when I used it for about 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"