• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

Please remove me from this site

Lex,

Please remove my account from the site.... I don't particularly agree with the policies of this site, and choose not to have my username and information associated here.

Thanks
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Bummer...I wish you would explain the situation. What was it that was turning you off? Which policies? Just curious.

regards,

Gord

"A RONSTER!"
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• Mats
      Special Member
      • Jun 2000

Policies about discouraged discussions about competing products, usernames, etc. While I disagree with the rules, I have to respect them. Hence, my call to erase my registration, and not cause grief to the members and the folks who run the site.

Since username and email addresses are required information, I can't just 'erase' that under my profile, and I wish to have my account removed from the records here.

Thanks again.
      Mats
      Mats Strömberg
      Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Sorry you don't agree with our policies. We do watch out for our own. If someone can't understand that, well, they should probably try one of the other forums that push the hell out of other select manufacturers and products and I mean PUSH. Most other forums let one advertiser dominate in cables. They will not accept an ad from a competing cable company. So tell me, why should we encourage any discussion of that company or anyone else for that matter? We can't discriminate against just one company, so it's our policy not to encourage competing brands to our OWN sponsor brands. I did not say no discussion could ever ensue. But I will always say we don't encourage it. However, when it comes to web retail brands of cables, we will always be protective. So, you can either get with the program and accept it, tolerate it for the good of what this forum offers that is positive, or reject it as favoratism marketing cooperation, and leave. I don't want any good member to leave. But by the same token we will not bow to the demands of any one member.

As far as usernames, no, we don't want anything demonic or satanic and by the same token, we don't allow any religious overtones either. Leave the politics and personal cruisades at home, this is about HT. We give a HELLUVA lot of username flexiblity. Go to HTF and see what policies they have. So in short, I hate to see you go, but feel no regret about our policies here. They are good policies for the good of this forum, and if one doesn't like them, then the door is open.

I tell you what though, we are going to take care of the cable debates once and for all. Soon any discussion of web based brands of cables not about sponsor products will be required to be posted at thecableforum.com Yes, you have to register there as well at least unless Mats can help with copying the database of users over there.

We don't really have a lot of rules, we don't do a lot of environmental control. But one thing's for sure, HTG members as a whole will either peacefully co-exist with it's sponsors, and give them the respect due by walking somewhat softly around directly competing products, or there will be no HTG for it to matter because in the end, support for the forum would dry up, and we'd have no way to exist without an advertising base.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Mats
          Special Member
          • Jun 2000

I'm leaving peacefully as a result of my contrasting opinions with the scope of the board. I don't need justification for what is trying to be accomplished here, I certainly am not doing this to cause trouble or to promote bad blood amongst members/advertisers/sponsors.

Again, please remove my account from the records here since I don't want my username and email address to exist at this site.
          Mats
          Mats Strömberg

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Well, a simple email to an admin would have sufficed. But since it was made public, I'm making the board's policy justifications public as well.

But as you wish, consider yourself toast- Your username was changed, your password was changed, your email deleted, and your system and avatar deleted. You will be known as x-member with former member status, but you can no longer posts. Posts made previously by you cannot be edited or deleted. This system does not allow total deletions of users or posts. but there's currently no record on file of you, other than the words you typed in previously.

Goodluck to you.
            Lex
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yikes! That's one I haven't heard before.

Sorry you don't want to stick around! But I respect your decision, and while I think a private E-mail would have been better than a public post here, I appreciate at least your professionalism and respect in your original post simply requesting to be removed instead of childish ranting that has become prevalent on the internet.

I wish you well my friend! See ya around!

CHRIS
              Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Sorry to see you go, Valongi.

My Homepage!
                My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"