X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Username rules, ALL members must read

Guys, I have contemplated over the last week or two, how to handle usernames that honestly, don't make much sense, and aren't easy for people to call them by when responding to their posts.

My decision is this, it is now REQUIRED that either one of the two conditions exist with your username:

1. Username contains some name whether real or imagined, that is logical to call you by. So names like SBBT1, STD, HT4U, violate that rule. Names like Lexman, Siligoose are permissable because you can call them lex, goose, whatever.

2. If you use a cryptic name such as SBBT1, STD, HT4U, then you MUST sign ALL of your posts with a real or fake name, such as Stan, Doug, Bob, Viper, whatever.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Those that are in violation of, and want to, may establish new accounts to better conform to our new name policy. We may be able to change your username, but I will have to check on that. So please email me if you desire to make a change, and I will give it a try.

I appologize for not establishing this from the get go. But I do think it's necessary at this point. I also think it leaves plenty of room for annonymity, but gives your identity, better meaning to others.

I myself found it difficult to go back up and get someone's cryptic name to call them by when addressing them, and it's simply not something we are going to continue.

If you prefer something cryptic, I suggest appending your first name to it for simplicity sake.

Thank you,

Lex
    P.S., I would stay away from that STD nickname anyway, bad conotation!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"