X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doug Fraser
    • Apr 2004

Pictures embeded in the text of a post

Sorry in advanced if this quetion has been answered before.

How can one embed pictures with the text of post?

I checked the FAQ an there is a description as to how to include thumbnails at the bottom of a post but nothing (at least I could see - mind you, some days are worse than others :wink: ) on how to embed the picture with the text.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Regards,
    Doug Fraser
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Put the URL of the image between [img] and [/img] tags.

If it's an image you attached to your post, right click the thumbnail and click Copy Shortcut (IE) or Copy Link Location (Mozilla/Netscape). Then paste the URL into your post and put the [IMG] and [/IMG] tags around it.

Comment

• Doug Fraser
      • Apr 2004

Thanks - Much appreciated

Comment

• Doug Fraser
        • Apr 2004

I have been successful in getting pictures in the text of my posts but it has been a two step process. I upload the pic’s in the original post (get the thumb nails) and then go back and edit the post inserting the URL's.

Is there an area that one should upload the pic’s to or is it OK to include the pic's in the form of thumbnails in the post?

Is there any way to embed the pic's in the post without having to go back and edit the original post, finding out what the URL is and then adding the URL to the text?

Regards,
        Doug

Comment

• Bent
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2003

yes, right click the thumbnail - then select properties.
          You'll see the link address in the properties - just cut and paste that into the {IMG} tags.

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

Yes, uploading images in posts is fine. Size is limited to 100K per image, 5 per post, mainly to keep the board friendly to dial-up users. Also, if you're going to use the [IMG] tags to display the image in your post full size, keep it down to no bigger than 800 x 600, to avoid horizontal scrolling for those of us with lesser monitors (like me).

Anyway, you can attach and post images easily this way:
            1. Click reply w/quote, post new thread, or Go Advanced to get to a full featured posting page.
            2. Type the text of your post (you can do this now or at step 10)
            3. Click Manage Attachments.
            4. You'll get a Manage Attachments pop-up. Use the Browse and Upload buttons to attach up to 5 images.
            5. When done uploading, click "Close this window."
            6. The attachments will be listed underneath the Manage Attachment button.
            7. Right click the first attachment, and choose Copy Shortcut (IE), or Copy Link Location (Netscape/Mozilla).
            8. Paste the URL of the image into your post. Add the [IMG] and [/IMG] tags.
            9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for additional attached images.
            10. Preview or edit your post as needed, and then submit the post.

Comment

• ship
              • Mar 2005

but [IMG] requires an external webserver

[IMG] technique requires an external webserver on which the pictures referred to are stored in order to dislay them. I think most of the people were asking if there was a way to embed the pictures within the email itself.

Does anyone know if there a way to embed the pictures in an email LOCAL ONLY to the email message itself within IE or Netscape WIHOUT referring to an external server location? This is able to be done within Euroda, but I can find no way to do this within Yahoo mail or IE (5 or higher) without html coding to an external server.

Best

Shirley

Comment

• Kevin P
                • Aug 2000

[IMG] requires a URL but it can either be the HTG server or another one. If you attach images to your post you can easily reference them via URL in the [IMG] tags.

Yahoo mail is another beast altogether - it has nothing to do with HTG or vBulletin so the [IMG] tags don't work there. For Yahoo mail you have to either reference an externally served image with IMG HTML tags or attach the image to your email. I don't know of a way offhand to reference an attached image in Yahoo mail when using HTML but there is probably a way to do it. But then that's off topic here.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"