X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Underworld

Just got finished watching this movie on DVD. I never saw it in the movies but from what everyone had told me it was a very good movie. So when I went into a local dealer on Saturday, low and behold their it was 10days early. See here is my review of the movie.

OVERVIEW

Vampires(Masters) vs Lycan(Servants) in a war that has raged on for hundreds of years. Why? Because of the killing of a vampire girl who was with child concived with a lycan. Kate Beckinsale plays a member of a vampire death squad who seeks revenge for the killing of her family by a lycan. Does she ever look good in tight leather.

VIDEO

Dark both above and below ground. Yet not too dark to take away detail. On my Panasonic 47" which is in need of a good convergence the picture quality was excellent.

AUDIO

Be warned. If your significant other is not going to watch this movie with you, remove them from the house. That way when you crank it she won't be yelling like mine did a couple times, " Turn it down". This movie makes very good use of all channels, Really brings you into the movie. Bass will rattle you to the bone. My wife retreated to the top floor of the house and she said the blinds in the bedroom were rattling. "Honey did you say something? I think I blew an eardrum or two"

EXTRAS

No comment. Haven't watched them yet.

OVERALL

:T :T :a>'> :5: arty: :righton:

ht_addict
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, got a feeling I'll be adding this to my collection.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Pat
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ht_addict
      If your significant other is not going to watch this movie with you, remove them from the house.
      LOL...My wife was the one who drug me out to the theater to see this one.
      Glad to hear that the DVD is top notch :T

I will be adding this one to the collection.

Pat's Page
      Pat's Page

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

This is an absolute no-brainer for me. Just as soon as I get back to the mainland. . . .

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
          • Jan 2002

Yep, I liked the previews on this one. I was thinkin' it would be a good effects movie although I'm not much for vampire type movies.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"