• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Two from Fox of the Forties..

THE MARK OF ZORRO

This stars Tyrone Power and a beautiful Linda Darnell. It was released in 1940 and I was about 7 years old when I saw it in the theater. When viewing it in my HT and I surprised at how much of the film I remembered. This is one of the better tellings of Zorro and though it is in B&W, with just a few exceptions, the transfer was pristine.

THE OXBOW INCIDENT

This stars Henry Fonda , Dana Andrews, Anthony Quinn and Harry Morgan.It was released in 1943, and again I was quite young when I saw it in the theater. This western was so far ahead of its time that if shown to today's audience, it would fit right in. It concerns how three cowboys, Andrews, Quinn and an old gent, are hunted down by a bloodthirsty possee and hanged, without a trial for a crime they did not commit. Fonda plays one of the few who try to reason with the mob. I am so happy to finally have this in my collection.
    Seems the original print was destroyed and they had to work from a copy. The restoration was pretty darn good, with only a few scratches visible.

I also picked up a couple of new Bogart dvd releases which I will comment on after I have had a chance to view them.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"