X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

TURN--entertaining colonial American history series

Available on Netflix (in Canada, at any rate) and various other media, TURN is a series (four seasons) set during the American Revolution. As I have been prepping a fall course on US History to Reconstruction, I have been looking for suitable excerpts to illustrate various aspects of the colonial/revolutionary period. TURN is about a spy ring operating for Washington and is generally quite well done. Like all such historical presentations, strict accuracy is, at times, sacrificed for drama, but it is done so judiciously and without any significant deviation from the broad historical record. The acting is excellent in almost every case, the attention to period detail is rigorous and I recommend it to anyone looking for a more satisfying (and nuanced) look at the period than what is on offer in The Patriot. Along with the HBO John Adams series, TURN provides a good sample of the period.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"