Ghost Ship (who signs off on this stuff????)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Ghost Ship (who signs off on this stuff????)

Fortunately I only rented it for $0.99. Any more and I would have felt really cheated. This plot had more holes than the ocean liner they were trying to fix. And when you title something called Ghost Ship....make it scary!

I'm not sure where they were trying to go with this. It had a creative death scene at the beginning and that was it. My guess is that the execs that sign off on budgets and movies were pitched the first 10 mins of the movie and that was enough for them. BIG MISTAKE.

I don't think it would have taken huge re-writes to repair some of the damage...the talent was there but it did have a tv movie-of-the-week Halloween Special type feel (forget the fact that there were several tv actors in it).

Visually a very clean print and sonically, so-so, nothing special. I guess this was riding somewhat on the success of thirteen ghosts (which was a stinker as well).

Cookie cutter plot, cut-out characters....stay away unless there was nothing else on the shelf and it's $0.99 or less.

"A RONSTER!"
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

But it did have a cool outer jacket... :LOL:

Seriously, though, I have never seen this flick and after your comments I am glad I didn't.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

My 16-year-old daughter thought it "was cool and scary". That was enough to worry me. :B Glad you confirmed my suspicions.

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

My wife saw this while I was out of town. She said pretty much the same thing as mentioned. Well, the trailer looked promising.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I saw a few minutes of this on the dish last week and that was enough for me

Comment

• I'mListening
            • Jul 2003

But......for us fans of "shock and gore".....the first ten minutes of chapter one is well worth the rental!!!

Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren
            Thanks for reading!

Enter The Cyberdyne Cinema

Darren

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"