X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldbob
    • Aug 2016

Paolo Sorrentino, Director

Paolo Sorrentino is a genius. He has a visual style and story telling style that is so original. He is one of those directors that every actor wants to work with but, nobody notices his films. I do. I find them fascinating. Last year he had "Youth" which I am not going to talk about now other than to say find it, and watch it.

What I do want to talk about is his film from 2011, "This Must Be The Place." I have to start with a disclaimer, I don't like working with Sean Penn, I don't usually like movies that have Sean Penn in them, and I think Sean Penn has a very mediocre mind. However, in "This Must Be The Place" Sean Penn is really fun to watch. He channels OZZY the way Johnny Depp channels Keith Richards. He really does a terrific job as a washed up heavy metal rocker on a mission. He and his rolling suitcase take a interesting road trip to right a wrong.

Warning, if you have to have explosions and quick cuts and car chases in order to be entertained then Paolo Sorrentino is not for you. If you have any interest in unique film making and actors being actors then "Youth" and "This Must Be the Place" just might be your cup of tea.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"