X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Guardians of the Galaxy

This was already reviewed in the "Movies" forum recently.

All I have to offer is more of the same.
    I liked Dougie's assessment when he said 'Best of the Marvel films to date'.

I loved the satire; this film does make the mistake of taking itself too seriously, which ends up being one of its strongest points.

Imagine this: The Wife hates SiFi, detests super heroes, never has & never will see Star Wars (not one of them) & absolutely refuses to see anything related to rings or Hobbits.

Sidestepping the fact that somehow The Wife actually decided to watch this with me, I still have a bruise where my head hit the coffee table as I fainted after she said she thoroughly enjoyed it.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Haha! It was a great hero movie imo, we've watched it many more times and I agree I actually like the seriousness of the movie with just enough laughs and goofy parts to fill it out. I do have to admit I'm generally not overly critical of movies. I like to just sit and enjoy them and not think too deeply into it unless the film requires deep thought of course.

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Hoping to give this a spin on the weekend (got it as a Christmas gift) and giving my subs a workout. Most fun I've had at a cinema in quite some time. Looking forward to the next one.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I watched this in the famed Chinese theater in Hollywood when it came out. Decent movie, but it will always have good memories for me because of that. Cool place.

I was rather pleasantly surprised by the grey and red muscle strongman main character. A newcomer actor, that actually did a good job.

Oh, and...

I am groot.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"