X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Boardwalk Empire" series on DVD

I just started spinning this series on DVD yesterday and I'm really enjoying this! This series takes place in the 1920's during the beginning of Prohibition whereby the corrupt mobsters begin to take over the booze business.

This series feels more like a major motion picture than a TV series when I'm watching it. This series is very well done and well shot, and the period sets, cloths and music are exceptional. Steve Buscemi is cast (Perfectly I might add!) as the corrupt county treasurer of Atlantic City who of course has decided to jump onto the bootleg booze bandwagon in a big way. This is Atlantic City after all.......you can't have no booze there, can you??!!

The character development in this series is exceptional and as a result, you have to stick with it as it sometimes moves a bit slowly to accomplish this. However, deep into the first series I have discovered that it's well worth the ride. 9/10 stars for this well done series. :T

ps....make sure the kids are tucked in and well asleep before spinning this! 8O
    Dan Madden :T
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

It's on my list of things to watch (such a large list). Good to know its quality is so high.

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Well I'm deep into season 4 of this series now and still enjoying it very much. Still lots of shootin' and turf wars. One thing I've noticed is that this series is filmed quite 'dark'. By that I mean that to picture appears dark on my TV. At first I thought that my TV bulb (RPTV) was on the way out but when I switch to regular TV, the picture is nice and bright. It's just the way this series is shot and to be honest, it works in this case.........and the hats!!! Gotta' love the hats in this series! It almost makes me wanna' get one !!
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"