X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Sunshine (2007)

The Sun is going dim and the Earth is slowly freezing. The only way to re-ignite the Sun is to fly a spacecraft with a giant nuclear bomb into it. And so begins this sci-fi film by director Danny Boyle. For the most part I really enjoyed it although it did degenerate slightly into horror near the end and the science is flawed in numerous places. Nevertheless it held my attention throughout and I didn't know where it was taking me for most of the time.

I would therefore happily recommend this film to other sci-fi fans.

Nigel.
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Ya....I saw this awhile back and enjoyed it. Memorable enough to remember it anyway, which is more I can say for most films nowadays!. The part I remember the most is the efforts and concerns of the crew in terms of them protecting themselves from the heat and radiation of the sun.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

A quite enjoyable sci-fi film that attempts (and mainly succeeds) to rise above the average fare in the genre. The final act is incongruous with the rest (it would have worked better, in my view, in a film that was more consistently in the vein of that act) but the performances are decent. I usually appreciate films that try to do something a bit different, even if they don't entirely succeed.

Comment

• wkhanna
        Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Thanks, Nigel!

I really enjoy this genre when executed decently.
        Sounds as though this one will not disappoint.
        _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
        ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

Anyone who picks up this title thinking they are getting "Little Miss Sunshine" is in for a big surprise (and vice versa).

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
            Anyone who picks up this title thinking they are getting "Little Miss Sunshine" is in for a big surprise (and vice versa).

Bahahahaha!!!
            Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"