X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

End Of Watch pretty rivetting

Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena are two LA cops posted in one the the city's toughest neighborhoods. The film follows them as they go about their daily routine. They are absolutely fearless and this eventually leads them into a dangerous situation with a major drug cartel, leading to a thrilling, bloody climax.
    The plot is thin but serves its purpose in the character development of Gyllenhaal and Pena, who are not only partners but best friends. I was glued to my chair throughout the movie. My only gripe is the filming style: documentary, which means strange and shaky camera angles, and fast cutting that sometimes makes it hard to follow the action. But all in all, a well acted and gritty realistic look at police work in the trenches. :T
    Last edited by George Bellefontaine; 16 February 2013, 14:00 Saturday.
    My Homepage!
  • Mw182006
    • Feb 2013

I liked it too, and yeah, some of the camera work got pretty annoying at times.
    -Michael

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Hope to see you posting here again, Michael.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Rented this a few days ago, based on your comments in large part. Hope to have a chance to watch it before it has to be returned.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
          Rented this a few days ago, based on your comments in large part. Hope to have a chance to watch it before it has to be returned.
          I'd be interested to hear what you think about it.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Watched this last night. I enjoyed it and will likely add it to the collection. The acting was superb by the leads as I got the impression they were not acting at all. The mix of camera types and styles of shot composition were quite interesting, in that there was an in-story reason to explain the hand-held "shaky-cam" that made it much easier to tolerate (I don't dislike that approach to filmmaking per se, but I do mind when it seems to serve no particular purpose other than to copy other films--in this case, it served a purpose and did it well). I might have given this one a pass were it not for your comments, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

You make a good point about the shaky camera style. You are also so correct about the acting. You believed they were people, not actors. I plan to watch my copy again soon.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• madmac
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                You make a good point about the shaky camera style. You are also so correct about the acting. You believed they were people, not actors. I plan to watch my copy again soon.

The most annoying camera work I've ever witnessed was in the movie "Moulin Rouge". I actually got a headache watching it!!. :??:??:??:??
                Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"