X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

SAFE pretty good stuff

Jason Statham has a pretty good piece of material to work with in SAFE. He plays an ex-cop who comes upon hard times simply because he was an honest one, and when his wife is murdered he loses the will to live. But one day, when he is thinking about jumping in front of an oncoming subway car, a gifted little Chinese girl enters his life and saves it, after which he vows to do anything to save her's. And that is no easy task. Lots of action, with a mostly ( and I empathize mostly ) decent story line, made this a pleasant experience for me. :T
    My Homepage!
  • june
    • Feb 2005

hello george,

the hotel scene (40mins in) was filmed where i work. The security officers running out of the office, was filmed in my office. I work in downtown Philly at the Bellevue. So this film has a little place in my heart
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by june
      hello george,

the hotel scene (40mins in) was filmed where i work. The security officers running out of the office, was filmed in my office. I work in downtown Philly at the Bellevue. So this film has a little place in my heart
      Now that is certainly interesting, June. IMHO, I happen to think this is one of Statham's better efforts. He's not a bad actor when he has something to work with.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

I really enjoyed this movie.
        A bit in Jason Statham's alley, but not his typical 1-vs-100 type of movie.
        It's a much more realistic approach... as in, he only fought when he absolutely needed to.
        They gave him a great role. I rented it, but I will be buying this as well.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by audioqueso
          I rented it, but I will be buying this as well.
          It's definitely in my collection.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Entertaining film. Liked the ending where the "showdown" goes in an unexpected direction.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
              Entertaining film. Liked the ending where the "showdown" goes in an unexpected direction.
              Yes, Paul, I liked that, too.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Blindamood
                • Sep 2003

Just received from Netflix...can't wait to check it out.
                Brad

Comment

• Blindamood
                  • Sep 2003

Unfortunately, I am not as enthusiastic about this movie as others above. I thought it was extremely contrived, and I didn't think they developed the plot enough to convince me of the girl's real value (to any of the involved parties). Worth watching once if you like Statham, but definitely not a keeper for me. I'd give it 2 (out of 5) stars tops.
                  Brad

Comment

• Manning
                    • Oct 2012

Sounds like an interesting premise. A little different from what I'm used to seeing, but if it's an action movie that's not full of blood and guts, then I'm on board.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"