THE DEBT not your average spy thriller...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

THE DEBT not your average spy thriller...

In 1966, three Mossad agents were smuggled into East Berlin to capture and bring a nazi war criminal back to Isreal. The three, Jessica Chastain, Sam Worthington and Marton Csokas as the three younger agents, are successful ( or are they ? ) and return to Isreal as heroes. Thirty years later, one of the three ( Ciaran Hinds as the older Worthington ) dies and the remaining two older agents, portrayed by Helen Mirren and Tom Wilkinson, must come to terms with what really happened in East Berlin, a secret that has haunted Mirren ever since, leading to an unforgetable climax.

Not your average spy flick. This is a smart, tense, character driven story, well told, well acted and well directed. There's enough action to satisfy most espionage story lovers, but it is a strong character study of three people, two men and a woman, thrown together under difficult circumstances, and how the rest of thier lives are affected by a most difficult assignment.

A huge :T
    My Homepage!
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Watched this last week. I found the end a bit over the top, but otherwise I concur wholeheartedly with your comments.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"