X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenhorn
    • Feb 2007

Moon

Yep another one :W

This was a really good movie in my opinion. First of all if I were to describe it and not give too much away I'd say this. It as Science Fiction movie, the desolate type (2001 -Silent Running, not the action type Star Wars or The Fifth Element).

I was stuck on a plot issue for a while, but then everything sort itself out in a OH way later. The story was sharp and that some creativty, set and all pretty much work for the way they did it. I really thought this movie did a lot for what it was, a somewhat simple story, with a very small cast and modest special effects.

If your open to non-Star Wars type Sci Fi and can appriciate a good effort, this is a movie to see. :T
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

You impressions and pretty much what I have read about this film so far. I certianly plan on rent it eventually.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Don't know how I overlooked this when it came out, but I watched this last night and thought it was great. A nice nod to classic 70s (pre-Star Wars) sci-fi that poses an interesting moral dilemma without beating you over the head with it (it emerges organically in the story, not as a lengthy speech by a main character to make sure we "get the message"). Well worth a viewing and not overly long (clocking in at 90 mins minus end credits). Sam Rockwell is excellent in it.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Gosh, this one slipped through the cracks. I must rent it.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

I enjoyed this film quite a lot.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I concur, nice nod to the classics. I also enjoyed it.
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• bigburner
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
              Gosh, this one slipped through the cracks. I must rent it.
              Agreed.

Comment

• bigburner
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2005

What a good film! I watched it earlier this evening. Real science fiction. I'll remember this one for a long time.

Nigel.

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

I remember hearing about this one and I too let it slip through the cracks...might have to rectify that
                  Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Okay, added to Netflix.
                    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"