X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

District 9

Watched this last night and have mixed feelings about it. The documentary style parts became a little boring after awhile, but once they got into the real story things moved along much better. I bought it on Blu but there is nothing special about the PQ and, you know, I really won't be in any hurry to watch it again.

I know there is a thread on this over in the Movie department but I thought I'd start one here for anyone who is just now seeing it on video and who may want to comment on it.
    My Homepage!
  • technodanvan
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2009

I just ordered a BD player last night and purchased a few discs along with it. I haven't seen the movie but remembered hearing good things about it from a handful of hard-to-please friends so almost gave it a go.

Kinda glad I didn't...$20 is a lot to drop on a movie I haven't seen and may never watch again. Decided getting "The Watchmen" would be a much better move.
    - Danny

Comment

• 1oldguy
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
      Watched this last night and have mixed feelings about it. The documentary style parts became a little boring after awhile, but once they got into the real story things moved along much better. I bought it on Blu but there is nothing special about the PQ and, you know, I really won't be in any hurry to watch it again.

I know there is a thread on this over in the Movie department but I thought I'd start one here for anyone who is just now seeing it on video and who may want to comment on it.
      George your review has me on the fence. :T
      A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by 1oldguy
        George your review has me on the fence. :T
        I wouldn't suggest anyone not see it, but I would caution against buying it until you've seen it and feel you would want to watch it again. I love sci-fi and am usually not to hard to please, but this one didn't make me feel as warm and fuzzy as I expected it would.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• 1oldguy
          • Dec 2008

Point Taken.With Peter Jackson at the helm I would expect that he could makes us all warm and fuzzy.It just goes to show while your good your good, and when your not your not.How that for reiteration.

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Peter Jackson was the producer on this film so his input was much, much less than it would have been if he had been directing.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• 1oldguy
              • Dec 2008

Ahhh...Explains alot.Peter should of been the one directing this no doubt.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Yeah, I sure the idea attracted Jackson as a producer, because it did have promise and I'm sure it would have been an altogether different film had he been behind the camera.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine

I just watched it as well. George, I agree with your review.
                  "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"