X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Ugly Truth was okay

It's another one of those " watch with the wifey movies" that I seem to be seeing a lot of lately.

The Ugly Truth stars Katherine Heigl as a TV producer facing the cancellation of her talk show due to poor ratings. She is a career-driven control freak who doesn't have much of a sex life. Then her boss forces a crude local cable talk show host ( Gerard Butler ) on her and her life, and his, are in for some big changes.

There is one scene, where Heigl is wearing a pair of vibrating panties. They are at a business dinner, she accidently drops the cylinder shaped remote. It falls into the hands of a kid who starts playing with the controls and Heigl's reactions are priceless. This scene alone is worth the price of the rental.
    It's the usual and predictable comedy/romance fare, but I pretty much enjoyed it. Good chemistry between Butler and Heigl.

BTW,it looks beautiful on Blu-ray.
    My Homepage!
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Will add it to the "wifey movie pile". Thanks for the tip (I can't have enough suggestions for "chick flicks" that are tolerable to watch--no man can, really :lol: ).

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
      Will add it to the "wifey movie pile". Thanks for the tip (I can't have enough suggestions for "chick flicks" that are tolerable to watch--no man can, really :lol: ).
      I know exactly what you're saying.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

It was okay. Not a great movie, but agreed that it's tolerable for a routine chick flick.

I can't see Gerard Butler anymore, without thinking, "THIS... IS... SPARTA!!!!!"
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D

I can't see Gerard Butler anymore, without thinking, "THIS... IS... SPARTA!!!!!"
          Yeah, I know, Chris. He was also having a difficult time trying to talk like an American. Every now and then I detected some of that Scottish accent slipping through.
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"