X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Chronicles Of Narnia/ Prince Caspian/ on Blu

Lots of eye candy. Good audio. Plenty of action most of the time but drags at other times. If it had come in at 90 to 105 minutes I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten so restless. I've read where some likes it better than the first installment but I felt they were about equal.
    Last edited by George Bellefontaine; 17 December 2008, 11:00 Wednesday.
    My Homepage!
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

I got this one having never seen the movie, and have to say the PQ/AQ was great, but I didn't care for the movie. Kind of seems to be geared more for youngins IMHO. I also agree with George there did seem to be some slow spots.

edit: this comment is in reference to the first one, I haven't seen the second one.
    Last edited by impala454; 17 December 2008, 11:55 Wednesday.
    -Chuck

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
      I've read where some likes it better than the first installment but I felt they were about equal.
      Hey Sir George, is this thread about the first Narnia movie The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe or the recent sequel Prince Caspian? I'm hoping the Blu-Ray of the first is in my Christmas stocking, and maybe the sequel also, although I haven't seen it yet.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
        Hey Sir George, is this thread about the first Narnia movie The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe or the recent sequel Prince Caspian? I'm hoping the Blu-Ray of the first is in my Christmas stocking, and maybe the sequel also, although I haven't seen it yet.
        Sorry, Tex, I meant to add the Prince Caspian tag to the title. I have The Lion And The Witch also, but it is on standard dvd. It was a pretty good picture even on dvd so I expect the Blu version is spectacular just like Prince Caspian.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

No apologies needed Sir George. Did the filmmakers stay with the same principle actors? Did they "mature" the story to accomodate the older roles - like J. K. Rowling did with the Harry Potter books/films?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
            No apologies needed Sir George. Did the filmmakers stay with the same principle actors? Did they "mature" the story to accomodate the older roles - like J. K. Rowling did with the Harry Potter books/films?
            Yes, Tex, they all appear to be the same principal actors. Even Tilda Swinton made a brief appearance as the witch. I have only seen one Harry Potter movie ( the first, I believe ) so I can't compare the maturity issue. I'd say Prince Caspian himself brought some maturity to the storyline, but after now watching both Narnia's, I really believe the films are for the young at heart, regardless of their true age.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Brandon B
              Super Senior Member
              • Jun 2001

They actually stayed more true to the books in this one than the first, I thought.

Disappointing returns mean my overlords are not picking up the third, so Walden Meia is on their own to get it produced. Too bad, I like these a fair bit.

BB

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

As mentioned good eye/ear candy but I also felt some further editing was required...not good when your mind starts to drift elsewhere when watching it. I watched it with my niece and nephew as well and as it's geared to to their age group I was even more surprised with the pacing...let's say the natives started getting restless :lol:
                Jason

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"