X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Get Smart the movie

Well, it was okay, but honestly, the laughs were far and few between, and though Steve Carell gave it his best, it was really hard for me to accept anyone other than Don Adams as Maxwell Smart. Still, it was entertaining enough that I didn't regret buying the disc. I just won't be in a rush to view it again. Dwayne ( The Rock ) Johnson had a smallish role that may have made the film better had the role been larger. I honestly don't see the big hullabaloo about Anne Hathaway, but she did have some eye appealing moments in this film.

I bought it on Blu but the quality was lacking. Scenes were often soft and lacking in contrast. Color seemed a little off, compared to the better Blu-ray discs I have seen. Many would probably be content with the standard dvd version.

I'd probably give it a 4 out of 10 because it wasn't a complete failure, but it could have been better.
    My Homepage!
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I'm going to Netflix it. I too seriously doubt that any replica of the original Get Smart will work as well, just like nobody will ever be able to remake "Mr. Bean" or something.

As for Anne Hathaway... mmmmm.... cutie.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• H.T.C
      • Nov 2003

There wasn't much humor at all and of course few gadgets to think off except retro tools that were displayed in a museum like way and maxwell smart did not get his nose caught between the moving doors like the intro from tv series and the theme song hardly used.

Even bill murry hiding in a tree could not make this film any better but bernie kopell made a cameo appearance in the traffic scene that was the funniest bit in the whole film since he played a kaos agent in the tv series back in the 60's.

It does appear hollywood once again tried to make a fast buck from a old franchise with not very good results.

The essence or sprit of get smart was lacking .
      Robert

Comment

• Ken49r
        • Dec 2007

I'm in agreement on the reviews here. It was lacking realism IMO. Would not see it a second time.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"