X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Scoop

I know its a 2006 movie but I happen to see it now and saw no reviews on it here.

A young journalist student, Sondra Pransky, travels from America to England to interview a famous actor.

After the not-so-complete interview her friend and she go to a magic show. When selected to take part in one of the acts Sondra is contacted by a recently deceased famous journalist who is determined to give her his last scoop. He tells her that the son of Lord Lyman, Peter Lyman, is the tarot card killer.

Dragging along Sid Waterman, a kooky magician, Sondra attempts to discover who Peter Lyman really is and if he is a killer. What she doesn't realize is that while she is trying to protect the country of England her heart might be what is really in jeopardy.

Its a Woody Allen movie, with him in the cast and has a mix of everything, comedy, thriller, suspense and romance. Overall enjoyable. Please watch it if you can.
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Although it did not get great reviews, I enjoyed it (as I've enjoyed most Woody Allen films--I'm a big fan and find even his lesser efforts better than a lot of films out there). I found Allen's "drive through the country" quite entertaining. Plus Scarlett Johansson is in it. :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Saw this awhile back, and to be honest, it was forgettable for me. I didn't even recall the story line until reminded here. It was okay, but nothing I'd care to watch again.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

But it has Scarlett Johansson. :T ;x(

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
          • Aug 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
          Added to queue... :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Ovation
            Yeah...and that's about the only thing I remembered about SCOOP.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• rhayes13
              • Mar 2008

I liked it. Loved the bits of English dry humor thrown in there. Especially the scene where Sondra smiles and I can't remember who says, "you must be American only America produces teeth like that."

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"