X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

StarDust

This is not a regular fairy tale movie, I mean its got the regular Kings & Witches and Magic stuff but the theme is totally different and with some humour has also built in the cast/ story. I personally liked it and my wife liked it moreso.

The passage from this world to the fantasy kingdom of Stormhold is through a breech in a wall by an English village.

In the 1800s, a boy becomes a man when he ventures through the breech to prove his love for the village beauty by finding a fallen star. The star is no lump of rock, but a maiden Yvaine, and Tristan the youth, is not the only one searching for her: three witches, led by Lamia, want her heart to make them young.

The sons of the dead king of Stormhold also want her because she possesses a ruby that will give one of them title to the throne. Assisting Tristan are his mother, the victim of a spell, and a transvestite pirate of the skies.

A must to watch, specially if you have kids at home. :T

IMDB link is here
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I rented this in HD last week and quite enjoyed it. I will admit to a "celebrity-crush" for Claire Danes (I'll watch just about anything she's in, even if it's something I'd otherwise avoid) but she was far from the only enjoyable aspect of the movie. I second the "kids at home" comment, but would recommend 8 years old, on average, and up.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"