X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

T2 Ultimate Edition?

Hello All,

Anyone remember how to play the "Extented verison" of this dvd? I know the code is "8-28-97" but how do I get to the area to enter the code?
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Hrmm... I think this is the one I have. Metal case?

I thought it was just a menu option.
    B&W

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

You were one day off:

The Ultimate version of T2:

On Disc 1, select Special Edition from the main menu. From there, highlight "Play Special Edition" and type in the following numbers: 8 2 9 9 7.

Each time you type in a number a word will appear inside the setup screen on the right hand side. Once all numbers have been entered a sentence should be spelled out: The Future Is Not Set

After you have typed in the numbers the "Go to Theatrical Version" option above will change to "Play Extended Special Edition". This will access a 156 minute version of the film in which many deleted scenes are added back into the flick...including the "Future Coda" ending!

Comment

• Race Car Driver
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Kevin D
        You were one day off:

The Ultimate version of T2:

On Disc 1, select Special Edition from the main menu. From there, highlight "Play Special Edition" and type in the following numbers: 8 2 9 9 7.

Each time you type in a number a word will appear inside the setup screen on the right hand side. Once all numbers have been entered a sentence should be spelled out: The Future Is Not Set

After you have typed in the numbers the "Go to Theatrical Version" option above will change to "Play Extended Special Edition". This will access a 156 minute version of the film in which many deleted scenes are added back into the flick...including the "Future Coda" ending!
        Thats what it was! I remember know. Been sooo long since ive watched it.
        B&W

Comment

• june
          • Feb 2005

Thanks Kevin,

I had to hit "enter" after each number also.

8 enter, 2 enter, 9 enter, 9 enter, 7 enter.
          June

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Wow, I didn't know any of this, even though I own the disc. Thanks!
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• june
              • Feb 2005

Hello All,

I just want to re-watch T2 because the new Sarah Conners TV show start where T2 ends. But the "extented edition" has a great ending.

Chris if you have the time, re-watch the extented version of the film.
              June

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Yeah, I'll take a look. I remember the extra scenes that were in the T2 special edition DVD without the metal case... wasn't that one the "Ultimate" Edition, and the next one to come out the "Extreme" Edition? :roll: It's so hard to keep track when they do this crappy stuff and re-release 5 versions of the same movie.

I remember the 1st edition, you could just go into the menu, and select either the theater version, or extended version with the extra scenes, without having to put in a code. That version of the disc had the cool THX intro with the T2 logo that shattered into a bunch of metal shards that melted together into the THX logo with the THX chord playing. (this proceeded the THX intro that was placed on the Star Wars Ep1 DVD, with the planet that burst apart and did something similar) One extended scene I remember was Sarah Conners repairing the Terminator and pulling bullets out of him. In the extended scene, they used Linda Hamilton's twin sister to make it look like you were seeing Sarah working in the mirror, and really pulling things out of Arnold's head.

The reason I bought the next special edition release, (was it the "Extreme" Edition???) was that it also included a WMVHD version of the film.
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Interesting that I saw this thread. I was about to start a thread on this movie being that I was just watching the T2: Extreme Edition (the one that Chris mentioned with Disc 2 having the WMVHD version) yesterday. I saw some interestingly good AND bad things.

I first started playing it on my HP laptop with my Audio-Technica headphones since my boys were taking a nap. I wasn't too impressed. I tried the Dolby Headphone mode and it sounded a bit better. The picture still looked the same, but grainy. Then again, this laptop sucks. I tried my older Dell Inspiron 8500 that has a better screen and MUCH better audio. It was nice. So I stopped it, and popped it into my Oppo player to upscale it to my Sony Bravia LCD.

This movie looked sweet! I couldn't play it loud yet cause the kids were asleep, but the first motorcycle scene looked awesome! It definitely didn't look like a movie from the early 90s. The psychiatric hall did not look grainy at all with all the dark shadows and all. It was really impressive to see a movie this old to look this good.

The bad part was that, the special effects were given away (even without pausing). In the mall, when Arnold shoots the T1000, the open "bullet hole" in his alloy body look like aluminum paper wrapped around styrofoam. Then, when you see his body laying on the ground, and the bullet holes melt back into his body, the separation of the actual person and cgi part is easy to spot. The movie looks good, but I guess, because they cleaned it up so much, some of the special effects are given away.

I will watch the whole movie later this week so I can HEAR the differences.
                  B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

I hear T4 is in the planning. The Terminator becomes the Governer of California, abandoning his fans. What a shame. The ole terminator had 1 or 2 left in him, and he left them on the stage floor.

My favorite Arnold movie remains True Lies though. Wish they'd have done a True Lies 2 and 3.
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• audioqueso
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Lex
                      I hear T4 is in the planning.
                      God I hope that's not true. T3 was bad enough. Did James Cameron even direct T3? Either way, T2 Extreme Edition looks incredible for a movie almost 17 years old. (Wow... it's THAT old?!)

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

No, Cameron did NOT do T3. That was one of the reasons that it turned out the way it did--noticeably different in style from the others, if nothing else.
                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Nov 2004

Yeah, I didn't think so. Not many movies that he has directed that have not been spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"