X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Edison Force--don't bother

I picked this up the other night because it had Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey and LL Cool J (he's made a few films I've liked). Thought it would be pretty good, especially with the two headliners. (also had Dylan McDermott and Cary Elwes in supporting roles--and I've liked them in other things as well).

Don't bother. The story is boring and the whole thing is derailed by Justin Timberlake (someone should tell him to stick to the "boy bands") and his woeful acting. Spacey and Freeman are supporting characters rather than leads. Not much of redeeming value (I later learned it bombed at last year's Toronto film festival and, instead of a theatrical release, went straight to DVD--I was curious as to why I hadn't heard of this film anywhere before, considering some of the talent. Now I know.).

Not horrible, but a tired story of police corruption and a crusading journalist that has been done many times before and almost always done better.
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Thanks for the review. I was on the fence about this one. Think I'll pass, at least for a while, as there are many others to see. Actually, lately I've been watching TV series which I'd never seen before, like Firefox and Oz, and have been enjoying those a lot. The only reason I mention this is that watching whole series takes quite a bit of time and I have to be more picky about what I can fit in.
    Keith

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

Danbry39,

I really enjoyed this film. A few oscar winners in this made for DVD film. But worth a rental or preowned purchase.
      June
      "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Thanks for the input, June.

I do love Morgan Freeman's acting and presence, so now I will probably check it out some time.

As everybody can clearly see, I'm a waffler. :B
        Keith

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"