X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littlesaint
    • Jul 2007

Let The Right One In

This is a vampire film from Sweden, but not like any other vampire film I've seen. The story revolves around a young boy and his new found friendship with a young girl who is a vampire. Sort of like an anti-Twilight. It's one of the best films I've seen in awhile, but I could see it being a definite love it or hate it kind of a film. There are some plot elements that aren't explained fully, and I enjoyed the film much more after reading some background on the story. I now plan on reading the book. An American remake is planned, but expectations are poor from those who are fans.

On the technical side, the English dub is terrible, so you must watch it with subtitles, but the subtitles aren't very good either. They are concise and abrupt, and you get the impression they're leaving out a lot of dialogue and nuance. Luckily, the acting and direction is superb and you "get it" without understanding the language. Rumor is the film will be re-released with the better subtitles of the theatrical release. The Blu-ray transfer is perfect and has a DTS-HD MA soundtrack for both languages.

One warning though: If you are uncomfortable seeing pre-pubescent brief nudity, you may want to skip this one.
    Last edited by littlesaint; 02 April 2009, 10:57 Thursday.
    Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, I've read about this one, but it's not my cup of tea.
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"