X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Immortal Beloved

Saw this one the other night. I must preface that I enjoy classical music, and Beethoven is consuming about 12 slots in my CD library.
    While many ‘liberties’ where taken with this dramatization of his life, as a story it was compelling, and Gary Oldman did a fine job, as he has any film I have seen him in.
    For someone interested in learning about classical music, or Beethoven, I would highly recommend it. It is a bit more sober than the film done of Mozart, but intriguing nonetheless.

The Audio was spectacular though, IMHO. The canon shots were rattling the house!

Well worth the watch and listen.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yes, I saw this back when it was first released and enjoyed it immensely. Wonderful soundtrack. I must try to rent it again, or perhaps even buy it.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

It's been a LONG time since I saw this, so my memory isn't fresh. I do remember liking this movie, but feeling like it was trying to imitate and capitalize on the great success of Amadeus, which is a masterpiece of human emotion and anguish in the spirit.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"