X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Nanny McPhee

Last night, my family and I had a terrible time finding a DVD we all could enjoy together.

Finally, on the fourth DVD, we found one we enjoyed, Nanny McPhee.

The screen play was written by the great actress, Emma Thompson, and the feature actors are her and Colin Firth. Well, first off, all the ladies in the house love Colin Firth!!! It started with the great Pride and Prejudice he did for Arts and Entertainment and was put in cement by films such as Bridget Jones Diary.

The film is a fairy tale type story based on a windowed man trying to cope with not only the loss of his wife and problems keeping afloat financially, but with the fact that his seven children are acting like complete brats in the wake of the loss. Nanny after nanny are run out of the house by the kids, until Nanny McPhee shows up. I'll stop here so as not to give spoilers.

In any regard, it's not a great movie, but we all really enjoyed watching it. Nice escapist fare with fine acting all around and I also very much enjoyed the sound track and sets (they built the whole village that the story was filmed in).

Recommended for those who like fairy tales.

Not The Princess Bride or A Little Princess (a hidden gem of a movie) good, but nicely entertaining for a Friday night diversion.
    Keith
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Yes Keith, our family found this a very entertaining film, good for the whole family, with a tad of ethics involved.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Was going to rent it a couple of times but changed my mind. Will likely see it eventually.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Azeke: Glad you enjoyed it. Sounds like pretty much the same experience I had.

George: Hope you have a good time watching it when you get around to it.
        Keith

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"