• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snowball
    • Feb 2006

Double layer DVD's

Hi folks!

i have come up with a little problem.

I am going away to another house(a friend's) for a couple of weeks,and i wanted to take some of my favorite dvd's with me,but i dont want to jeopardise the integrity of my originals(you know how rugh trips can get ) so i decided to copy them. ops:

the problem is that (on the copies) when the reader changes layers,the picture gets stuck and i have to fast-forward or even change capters to get past the point where it freezes! :evil:

anyone know what i can do?

ps:i hope you dont misjudge me,i am not advocating copying,but i own the originals,and the copies would be like a 'security" for me.
    Its like copying your favorite ultra rare audio cd's ,and putting them in a drawer,just to have a peace of mind!

I hope you understand me....
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by snowball
    Hi folks!

i have come up with a little problem.

I am going away to another house(a friend's) for a couple of weeks,and i wanted to take some of my favorite dvd's with me,but i dont want to jeopardise the integrity of my originals(you know how rugh trips can get ) so i decided to copy them. ops:

the problem is that (on the copies) when the reader changes layers,the picture gets stuck and i have to fast-forward or even change capters to get past the point where it freezes! :evil:

anyone know what i can do?

ps:i hope you dont misjudge me,i am not advocating copying,but i own the originals,and the copies would be like a 'security" for me.
    Its like copying your favorite ultra rare audio cd's ,and putting them in a drawer,just to have a peace of mind!

I hope you understand me....
    Follow this guide, its unlikely to fail your efforts.
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Just a suggestion, why not by one of the Caselogic carrying cases? They are pretty safe on the discs. I have all my CDs in several carrying cases, and have moved them from house to house in the past few years, and most of them don't have a single scratch on them. Just a suggestion to save you the time and trouble.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI,
        I'll second audioquesto's suggestion. I've been using a Case Logic carrying case for 10 years to transport CD's from one listening session to another without any damage. They work well.

Sparky

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

I'm using a "snappa" case that is far superior to the Case Logic ones that I have used for years. I won the case at another site but they are the best built cases I have seen.

You might also try a different brand of DVDR's because I haven't had any issues with the memorex ones I have been using. It may also be the player and the player may have difficulties reading recorded discs.

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
            • Aug 2004

Just depends on the media that you're using, some media don't mesh well with other players. eg. TDK and some generic stuff does not run well with my Rotel, but it picks Taiyu Yuden and Ridata best.

Comment

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by Shane Martin
              I'm using a "snappa" case that is far superior to the Case Logic ones that I have used for years. I won the case at another site but they are the best built cases I have seen.
              HI Shane,
              I'm always interested in a better case. I googled "snappa" and came up empty. Could you provide more info for a search or a link?

Thanks, Sparky

Comment

• snowball
                • Feb 2006

Thanks guys, i copied what i could copy and took the rest on a case logic !

Comment

• Shane Martin
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Apr 2001

Karma,
                  I screwed up, It was Slappa.

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI Shane,
                    Thanks. They look very good. Tonight I will spend more time checking them out.

Sparky

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"