X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Prime

Stars Uma Thurman, Meryl Streep and Bryan Greenberg. Uma is a 37 year old divorcee and Streep is the therapist trying to help her get her life back in order. Things look up when Uma meets 23 year old Greenberg. He is good for her and she for him...at first that is. But a 37 year old woman set in her ways and a young man just barely out of his teens and in search of himself can only lead to conflict. I won't say how important the part Meryl Streep's character plays in the overall plot for fear of ruining an early surprise, but she is a joy to watch, as is Uma. Though this is called a romantic comedy, I would say it does have its humorous moments, but the story really leans toward light drama. And I guess what I liked about the film is the non-Hollywood ending. My wife and I both felt the conclusion was as it should have been.

It is a little slow moving, but an entertaining 105 minutes. :T :T :T
    My Homepage!
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Georege,

We thought this films was okay. Glad we rented instead of seeing it in the theather. But I love real endings!
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Ummmmmmm!
      Umahaaaaaaa......
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"