X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Great buy for Duke Wayne fans

Warner has released a batch of videos with movies on each side of a single disc for $9 CDN at Walmart. Out of the batch the local Walmart included two terrific John Wayne sets. Set 1 includes TALL IN THE SADDLE on one side and THE TRAINROBBERS on the other side. The 2nd set includes SEA CHASE and BLOOD ALLEY. I only ever had these on vhs so it was good to get them in widescreen anamorphic ( except Tall In The Saddle which was 1:33 in theaters). There were other titles, too, but the Wayne movies were the ones that interested me. If these were $9 CDN, I can well imagine how cheap they are in the US.

BTW, I watched Sea Chase last night and the PQ was well above average.
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Train Robbers, ooh Ann Margret in a western :drool: , Sea Chase and especially Blood Alley are all good 'uns in my book. Even though I'm a big John Wayne fan I've never been that enamored with Tall In The Saddle for some reason. It just didn't click with me. . . .

The Train Robbers had a pretty impressive cast for its day including The Duke, Ann Margret, Ben Johnson, Rod Taylor, Ricardo Montalban and Bobby Vinton (yes, THAT Bobby Vinton). Along with a somewhat less-than-formulaic plot line and decent cinematography, it never did get the recognition I thought it deserved.

Nope, not even a Golden Globe even though it cast two. :B

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Watched The Train Robbers last night and agree wholeheartedly with what Tex said. But you know, the Duke looked really tired in this film. Health issues were beginning to catch up with him, I guess.
      Last edited by George Bellefontaine; 24 February 2006, 10:24 Friday.
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"