• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Two westerns just released are worth owning

Both are by director Sam Peckinpah:

PAT GARRET AND BILLY THE KID starring Kriss Kristofferson as Billy and James Coburn as Pat. Bob Dylan co-stars.
    This is a 2 disc set containing a special edition on disc one and Turner's Special Preview edition which has about 7 minutes more viewing time. Lots of extras on both. It is great to finally get this on widescreen as I only had the crummy vhs tape.

BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE starring Jason Robards
    This was one of Peckinpah's tamer ( tame compared to The Wild Bunch ) westerns but well worth owning.

A new SE of The Wild Bunch was also released, along with Ride The High Country. I haven't decided on The Wild Bunch, though there is little doubt the new transfer will beat the hell outta the old one in my collection, but I bought Cable Hogue and Pat Garret And Billy The Kid. I couldn't get Ride The Huigh Country so I will have to order that one.
    Last edited by George Bellefontaine; 01 February 2006, 11:30 Wednesday.
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

George, this is killing me. I want Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid but the idea of double-dipping and purchasing this and a later HD-version. . . .
    :gah:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE

Is it true they're planning a sequel set in more recent times titled "Ballad of Satellite Hogue"? :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

You're such a kidder, Burke. But a little aside on the name Cable. It was a combination of Cane and Able, basically saying that Hogue was both good and bad. Indeed, he was.

Tex, I know what you're saying about double dipping, but I may not live long enough to see who wins the hi-def dvd format war so I'm buying good old standard dvds of those titles I want to own now.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by George
          I may not live long enough to see who wins the hi-def dvd format war
          Oh, stop that! :nono:

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Was just joking, Tex, but you know, this format war thing could go on for some time. I am not going to rush into it before putting any of my fun stash on the line. If I was indeed younger, or if I was still working even, I would probably gamble on one or the other. I just hope corporate greed doesn't ruin it for all of us who have been waiting for hi-def dvds.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Thats a relief. :B

Comment

• Kens1
                • Mar 2005

George,I wish my father had the same passion for life and the same interest in things that are current. You inspire me every time a read a post from you.
                God bless.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Kens1
                  George,I wish my father had the same passion for life and the same interest in things that are current. You inspire me every time a read a post from you.
                  God bless.
                  Why thank you, Ken. That's very nice of you. But don't be too hard on your dad. You only get one in this lifetime. Cheers.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"